Hello internet! I’m Jasmin and I’m currently excited about three things right now:
One, SUMMER! Because who isn’t excited about summer? Even Olaf is! (heh, sorry non-frozen fans just had to throw it out there, don’t hate me.)
Two, I’m gonna be graduating from high school this April! Yay! (does a happy dance)
And three, I’M STARTING MY FIRST REAL BLOG! WOOT WOOT! (well aren’t I just professional) Yes, after long intervals of pondering and planning (and weeks of trying to come up with a perfect blog name) I have finally created a blog. And I thought I was gonna spend another month trying to figure out what my first blog post should be about but then I thought, hey, why not write about why I started a blog? I think it’s the perfect introduction, plus, it might give you ideas on why you should start a blog or inspire you to make one. So without further ado, here are the reasons why I started a blog and why you should probably start yours:
(1) I love to write. Even if I’m not the absolute best at it, writing for me, whether on paper or screen, is just a really great exercise. And for someone like me who is a bit too awkward and shy to speak, writing really helps a lot. It became my voice and I was able to express more thoroughly and more broadly just by writing. So you don’t have to be very professional, you don’t have to use a lot of fancy words. Just be as honest and as precise as you can be. Remember to write from the heart and just have fun.
(2) I want to be heard. Every one is entitled to their own opinions and we all have our own views and I just want a place where I’m free to share my opinions and outlooks even if it means getting criticized. Well we just can’t avoid that. It’s the real world, after all. Good or bad, right or wrong, people will always have something to say, but that’s actually okay. (and that rhymed so give me a cookie)
(3) I want to be involved. The internet is just a massive thing right now. Everything that happens are most likely to go in the internet. Interesting things are happening in the internet and I don’t want to just sit here, ignorant and oblivious.
(4) I want to share. Surely, there are things that you are good at or passionate about and it would be such a waste if you just hide it away in a closet with all the other insignificant things. So why not share them? Again, you don’t exactly have to be a professional. As long as you love what you do and you’re passionate about it and just put your soul into it.
(5) And lastly, to have fun. I mentioned this a lot so do I really need to say more? It doesn’t matter if you become a famous blogger or not. It doesn’t matter if you’re writing for a big audience or a smaller audience or if you’re writing for yourself. At the end of the day, all that really matters is that you love what you’re doing, you’re having fun and you’re happy and content.
So that is just about it (or at least I think so) but yeah, if you feel the same way as I do then you should probably start blogging. I hope you learned a thing or two or I hope I helped you even in the smallest way possible. Happy blogging! 🙂