i’d like to see the world through a gold fish’s eyes. i’ve recently seen yuwei qiu‘s animated short film called trapped fish and learned that a gold fish has only 7 seconds of memory. after just a short span of time everything becomes new again. and so i wish to be like a gold fish. i want to always feel and see things like it’s the first time all over again. if a gold fish has only 7 seconds of memory then it would never be tired of the same thing. it would be nice to be unfamiliar. so i could always be curious, always be fascinated.
i will constantly make bad art. i whisper to myself as i start to feel bad about what i have created. it is a good a reminder. i don’t always have to force myself to make something worthwhile every time i decide to sit down and get creative. a good friend told me to keep writing poetry even when nobody will read it. keep making art even when it’s crap. i will constantly make bad art. and then i will make good ones.
Today is March 24, 2015, and 46 years ago, on this very same day, a very awesome person was born. And luckily enough, that person just so happened to be my PAPA. Every year on his birthday I write him a letter saying how much I love him and how much I appreciate him as a father. This year, I want it to be somehow different so instead I’m going to acknowledge how much of a great mentor he is to me and my sister. Yeah, he could be funny and humorous sometimes but he could also be really deep and poetic. He has taught us a lot; from math to music to life lessons. He’s just the best teacher I’ve ever had and me and my sister wouldn’t grow up to be the person that we are right now if it hadn’t been for my father’s advise and teachings. It’s something we always look up to and rely on in times when we’re clueless and confused. Of course, I have my own choices and views on things but it helped me grow and it molded me to what I am right now. So every time your dad (or even your mom) tells you something and gives you advice, listen or just put into consideration. Try to think about it and trust me, it helps.
Also, I wrote this blog post because I think it’s just sad that a lot of awesome dads (and also moms) out there aren’t shown enough appreciation because they aren’t famous, they aren’t royalty or some kind of superhero but that doesn’t make them less awesome and that definitely doesn’t make them insignificant. So if you have an awesome dad and you love him and you are proud of him, let the world know. Even if it isn’t father’s day or even if isn’t his birthday, let the world know. And more importantly, let him know.
So yeah I don’t wanna make this too long. Just wanted to throw this out there and show off my greatest mentor and tell him how much we love him and that no one could ever replace him. Not even Johnny Depp.
Wishing him a very happy birthday and good health always. Love you Pa! 🙂 ❤
Hello internet! I’m Jasmyn and I’m currently excited about three things right now:
One, SUMMER! Because who isn’t excited about summer? Even Olaf is! (heh, sorry non-frozen fans just had to throw it out there, don’t hate me.)
Two, I’m gonna be graduating from high school this April! Yay! (does a happy dance)
And three, I’M STARTING MY FIRST REAL BLOG! WOOT WOOT! (well aren’t I just professional) Yes, after long intervals of pondering and planning (and weeks of trying to come up with a perfect blog name) I have finally created a blog. And I thought I was gonna spend another month trying to figure out what my first blog post should be about but then I thought, hey, why not write about why I started a blog? I think it’s the perfect introduction, plus, it might give you ideas on why you should start a blog or inspire you to make one. So without further ado, here are the reasons why I started a blog and why you should probably start yours:
(1) I love to write. Even if I’m not the absolute best at it, writing for me, whether on paper or screen, is just a really great exercise. And for someone like me who is a bit too awkward and shy to speak, writing really helps a lot. It became my voice and I was able to express more thoroughly and more broadly just by writing. So you don’t have to be very professional, you don’t have to use a lot of fancy words. Just be as honest and as precise as you can be. Remember to write from the heart and just have fun.
(2) I want to be heard. Every one is entitled to their own opinions and we all have our own views and I just want a place where I’m free to share my opinions and outlooks even if it means getting criticized. Well we just can’t avoid that. It’s the real world, after all. Good or bad, right or wrong, people will always have something to say, but that’s actually okay. (and that rhymed so give me a cookie)
(3) I want to be involved. The internet is just a massive thing right now. Everything that happens are most likely to go in the internet. Interesting things are happening in the internet and I don’t want to just sit here, ignorant and oblivious.
(4) I want to share. Surely, there are things that you are good at or passionate about and it would be such a waste if you just hide it away in a closet with all the other insignificant things. So why not share them? Again, you don’t exactly have to be a professional. As long as you love what you do and you’re passionate about it and just put your soul into it.
(5) And lastly, to have fun. I mentioned this a lot so do I really need to say more? It doesn’t matter if you become a famous blogger or not. It doesn’t matter if you’re writing for a big audience or a smaller audience or if you’re writing for yourself. At the end of the day, all that really matters is that you love what you’re doing, you’re having fun and you’re happy and content.
So that is just about it (or at least I think so) but yeah, if you feel the same way as I do then you should probably start blogging. I hope you learned a thing or two or I hope I helped you even in the smallest way possible. Happy blogging! 🙂